Actively Promoting Inclusion & Equality
At Northfield St Nicholas Primary Academy we believe that everyone has the right to equal opportunities, equal chances, and each individual is respected for who they are.
All members of the school community should be aware that every individual has a right to be considered of equal value and be given equal opportunities regardless of:
- Gender (including Transgender)
- Social background
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
Ethos and Atmosphere
We are aware that those involved in the leadership of the school are instrumental in demonstrating mutual respect between all members of the school community.
- The staff aim to create an atmosphere which welcomes everyone to the school.
- The children are encouraged to greet visitors to the school with friendliness and respect.
- The displays around the school are of high quality and reflect diversity across all aspects of equality of opportunity.
- The school is accessible to disabled staff, pupils and visitors.
- Provision is made to cater for the spiritual needs of all the children through planning of both assemblies and classroom activities.
- Positive role models are used throughout the school to ensure that different groups of pupils feel welcomed and included.
- Children’s’ views are actively encouraged and respected. Children are given an effective voice for example, the School Parliament, children voice opportunities and there are regular opportunities to engage with pupils about their learning and the life of the school.
- The children are taught about the importance of inclusion and equality through our curriculum provision.