Science provides an opportunity for pupils to develop and explore their curiosity. At Northfield St. Nicholas Primary Academy, we aim to channel this enthusiasm and willingness to experiment into the ability to explain scientific concepts in detail.
We strive to offer pupils a curriculum rich in practical experiences. By providing a range of opportunities for children to explore the world around them, through topic based learning, the pupils will be able to:
- Develop a positive and confident attitude towards Science and to achieve well in the subject.
- Use their scientific knowledge to question and explain the world around them with increasing confidence.
- Build skills around scientific enquiry when learning about life processes and living things,materials and their properties and physical processes.
- Develop an enquiring mind.
- Use maths to interpret, predict, explain, and solve scientific problems involving as many practical experiences as possible.
- Use English to articulate their ideas and record their thoughts creatively.
- Develop their ability to work independently and co-operatively, as appropriate.
- Understand the implications of science, not just today, but also in the future.
Science provides the pupils with the chance to learn a range of skills which they can use throughout their life.
NSN Science ‘How we do it here’
NSN Science Progression of Knowledge Document
NSN Working Scientifically progression