Welcome to the EYFS
We are the Dragonflies and Butterflies!
Please come and visit our year group page regularly for updates of what we’re getting up to whilst in school!
Things you’ll need in school daily
- School uniform (all named)
- Book bag
- Water bottle- only water please, no juice or squash.
- Reading book/Library book
- Spare clothes
This half term the Nursery children will be exploring the following books
Our Power of Reading book in Reception is
As part of our ASUPERHERO curriculum we will be
- learning about different vehicles
- becoming explorers by looking around our local area
- making maps and talking about places familiar to us
- being aspirational and thinking about places in the world near or far that we would like to explore
- comparing different modes of transport over time
- designing and making our own vehicles
- exploring floating and sinking by creating our own boats
- washing cars as part of our 11 before 11 promise ’10 good deeds’
At Northfield St Nicholas we follow Read, Write Inc phonics. The children in Reception have started to learn a sound a day. Please check your child’s Tapestry account to see our daily updates and how to support your child at home with saying and writing the sound.
In EYFS we follow the White Rose Maths scheme.
Throughout the year children will explore
- Matching and sorting
- Comparing amounts
- Representing, comparing and the composition of numbers to 10
- One more and one less
- 2D shapes
- Comparing size, mass and capacity
- Number bonds to 10
- 3D shapes
In EYFS we love to learn outside, we go outside come rain or shine and enjoy accessing lots of different activities and learning opportunities.
We look forward to sharing lots of our leaning with you soon!
PLEASE NAME EVERYTHING! If items are misplaced they are much easier to return if they are clearly named. This includes water bottles, lunch boxes, shoes and ALL uniform.
We have PE on a Tuesday. Please ensure that the children come to school in their PE kit (red polo t shirt, black shorts and velcro trainers or plimsolls) on this day.
At Northfield St Nicholas we love to read!
Every child will take home a school reading book that is linked to their reading assessment. These booked are changed regularly.
Remember to read at least 3 times a week at home and record this in your school reading log to show your class teacher.
Every week children have the opportunity to visit our school’s ‘Lost Library’
During their weekly library sessions children can change their existing library books. These are taken home for them to enjoy in their home setting!
Remember to bring your library book to school on your library day so you can change it!
Key websites for learning at home.
Oxford Owl – reading and maths resources https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
ICT games – literacy and maths games https://www.ictgames.com/
Nrich maths – great ideas for using maths through play – https://nrich.maths.org/early-years
CBeebies – Alphablocks – https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/alphablocks